investment suggestions needed. PLEASE!!!

DH and I are coming into a little money. After we pay off a couple bills, pay mom back, etc, we should have around $5000 left over. Not a whole lot, but we would like to invest it. Problem is, we don't know anything about investing. Where would you invest $5000? A CD? IRA? and please explain what you know about it. (Like I said, we are clueless!!) Thanks for your help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• Put it in a box and save it...hehe...5,000 isnt that much to begin with so investment isnt going to return a lot...I would continue to add to it until you got maybe double then invest...by then the markets might level out too..IMO the banks can't be trusted--hehe
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 10:30 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Yeah.... no way will it get saved in a box!! There's always something that we could use it for. I want to put it somewhere where we can't touch it!! We were thinking the stock market. It's gotta get better sometime!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• 5k I would put in ingdirect.com they give about the best interest around considering the times. This gives you availability when you need it.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 10:56 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Haha!

If you want to hear it from a rich guy go to www.richdad.com

Inevesting is wonderful. "Saving is for losers" interest does not keep up with inflation,

If you want a good investment, put it into something that will be bringing money back into your home, not out! or just sitting doing nothing.

Please listen to this interview with Robert Kiyosaki (investor, millionaire and best selling author). Click here.

You will be happy you did, and if you want some help with what he reccomends, send me a message.

Blessings*

Emma Weekly-Fletes

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:24 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• i know its only $5000 but maybe you can invest in real estate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Go to the library and start reading The Wall Street Journal.

The Motley Fool is a good place to start learning about investing: www.fool.com

Answer by rkoloms at 6:42 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Go to a financial adviser.look in the phone book.Pick a low risk investment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:41 AM on Sep. 27, 2009