To all the germaphobes

Do you really think you are accomplishing much by using a paper towel to leave the bathroom? As soon as you touch your money, the door to your car, the shopping cart, the doorhandle to your house, thousands of germs are right back on your hands.

So is there really a point to using that paper towel to avoid the bathroom door with?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh thanks! Ruin my fun for me. :(
    Psychologically, though, I'm refraining from touching any feces that may be on that door handle left behind from someone who did not wash her hands.
    I never carry cash.
    You've got me thinking about the other things, though. As long as I never know that someone just came from using the bathroom, then I'm okay to touch them. :)
    For me, it's a psychological thing.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:01 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• for example, my day care requires the parents to use hand santizer before using the finger scanner to get into the building to help reduce the spread of germs. but once in the building the kids are coughing all over each other and touching everything and putting hands in their mouths. So once you get to the room and get your kid then touch the doors to leave, you are covered in germs again, only now you've killed off all the good germs you had to begin with. Does that seem silly to you guys too? Or am I just being wierd.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• With as many people as I've seen going straight out of a bathroom stall to that door handle, there's no way I would touch it. Honestly, I try to avoid touching things that others have touched anyway. I use debit or credit cards for everything because money completely grosses me out, thanks to working in a bank for three years. I have wipes in my car that I will use after I touch anything like a shopping cart or a gas pump. We all wash our hands the minute we get home. I also wash my hands after I touch the mail or any packages delivered.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:46 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I go straight from the bathroom back to my office, and after I've washed my hands I still sanatize. I'm not really a germaphobe but I'm more conscious about keeping my hands clean and away from my face now. If I can help not spread germs then I'm all for it.
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 11:00 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• i know! i hate that! some ppl are just goofy. my mom does that. just wash your hands like a normal person!
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:59 AM on Sep. 25, 2009