Rough Times suck and now i need help

long story short 2 kids, no dad, lost job cant find one to save my life, my car is broken, 400$ to fix, had to move back in with parents, they both leave so its kinda impossible to go look for a job. i do apps online as much as i can. I would walk to find one but its 4 miles to get off their street. anyways since i had to move down here the income i had is gone. my son need clothes that fit him and i dont know what to do! my daughter has plenty of hand me downs but theres no boys to give my son any. any ideas of what i can do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• Many local churches, at least around here, offer free clothing & emergency food for those in need. You could also check at the local Goodwill for cheap, but decent clothes or, since you have computer access, check your local Freecycle.com website and see if there is anybody who is giving away boy's clothes in the sizes you need. You can also post "wanted" on the Freecycle sites, but they sometimes require that you post an "offer" first.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:43 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Wow hun, I'm really sorry to hear all this. I know some of the local Church's help out. They have clothes, food, even toys for the kids. Call them and tell them your story maybe they can help you out. Last year around Christmas my sister called the church and she was able to sign up for Christmas program, They gave both of her girls two outfits, shoes, candy, and two toys each. They even gave her the gift tag so if they didn't like it they would get something else. There are so many programs and Church's that would help you. Call around. I hope some of this helps. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• how old is your son?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:04 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• my son is 10 months
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Can you apply for public assistance until you get back on your feet?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:48 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• OP i keep asking my dad to take me up there and he said sometime at the end of the week, well he didnt, and now hes sayin early this coming week hes just goin to use some excuse and i dont have any other people to take me up there
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I have Some clothes that are 12 months that I could send you? email me
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2009