WHO'S RIGHT?

I THINK MY DAUGHTER SHOULD DO KARATE SINCE SHE'S LOCKED IN FOR 3 YEARS. AND WERE PAYING OVER A THOUSAND DOLLARS. FOR IT' MY HUSBAND ALSO HAD HER PICK UP A SPORT AT SCHOOL. SHE CAN'T BE AT TWO PLACES AT ONCE SO IT JUST CANT BE DONE. AND BOTH HER CAOCH AND HER INSTRUCTOR SAIDS SHE REALLY NEEDS TO BE IN THEIR CLASS. SPORTS COSTS ONLY ONE HUNDRED i THINK ITS BETTER TO LOOSE 100.00 DOLLARS OVER A THOUSAND DOLLARS . bUT HE STILL THINKS SHE SHOULS KEEP DOING SPORTS AND KARATE. HOW IS SHE GOING TO BE ABLE TO DO THAT i HAVE NO CLUE AND GUESS WHAT EITHER DOES MY HUSBSND.. (SMART HUH) ONLY HIM. LOL

incarnita

Asked by incarnita at 10:40 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• You are going to have to pay that very expensive karate bill for a loooong time for something she isn't even participating in if you drop the karate, so I would seriously think about that before letting your DD choose, unless another child in the family can step into her contract. Otherwise, it was foolish of your DH to have your DD take up a school sport when her time was already committed elsewhere. Given the current economy and the cost difference between the two activities, personally I would rather be out $100 than $1000.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:48 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Let her choose.
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 10:42 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Ask your daughter which one she wants to do more?
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 10:42 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• which does she like better?
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 10:43 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I would rather my child do a school sport then karate, only because she would be with her friends and would enjoy it more, I would think why not just ask her which one she wants to do dont force either one on her. You husband was wrong for making her take in another activity when he knew that it would be impossible to do both, but he did and now yall have to figure something out, it shouldnt matter which one cost more or less it should matter which one your child loves more.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 10:44 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Is there a way that she can do the school sport during that season (which, in my experience, is a relatively short time), and then go back to taking Karate?

Just a thought...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:50 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• See if you can work it out and reschedule the karate I'm sure she is not the only kid that wants to be in both and if you are paying for karate  is there more than one class?? Because both is better!!

blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 11:03 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• WHat does she want to do?

Why on earth did you pay that much money and lock her in to something for THREE years? What if she wanted to stop after 6 months? Were you going to force her to go for the next 2 1/2 years?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• If you can afford it, let her choose.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:49 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I agrre with the others let her choose. and by the way I wouldn't have signed her up for Karate for 3yr. how do you know she would take it that long. my son takes Jujitsu and we only had to sign for 6month at a time. for $10.00 more per month we could do month to month and only pay for the month we do go.
    northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 1:06 PM on Sep. 25, 2009