for christians and nonchristians, what do u think when u hear a "christian".....?

What do u think when u hear a "christian" callin blks the N word? I know a family that calls all blks the N word. and they claim to be christian. i think its wrong u shouldnt judge ppl based on color more so if u claim to be a christian. Do u think they have the right to be claiming to be christian or do u think they should not be allowed to claim that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ignorance, is at fault here. There are a lot of Christians who don't understand the faith fully. Mostly through lack of teaching. Or the teaching of wrong through the parents. I believe that is the case here. Are they good people otherwise? Do they at least in some part of their heart believe in God? That is the question to ask. other then that pray for them that see the error of their ways. For there are a few denominations that really believe that blacks are sons of Cain. ( their dark skin is the mark that God Cain in their minds) Or the sons of Ham. he was cursed because he saw Noah naked. Yes I do know this. I grew up with a grandmother who taught these things. She really did believe it.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 10:51 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I don't think being Christian has anything to do with it. People who aren't christians have better sense and sensibilities than to use that word. So christian aside, I think they are ignorant fools.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 10:52 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I don't think they should call themselves a Christian, but if I had any control of what came out of their mouth they wouldn't be using the n-word either.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 10:56 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I think anyone who uses that word is ignorant!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:14 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I agree with Beeky. My great-grandma occasionally uses that word and it ticks me off so bad. Guess a bad habit from being raised in the 30's and 40's. I hate the word and never speak it and I'm a Christian.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I have to agree with Beeky.
    They can claim whatever religion they want, it has no bearing on them being ignorant for using that word to describe others. Ignorant is Ignorant.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:20 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I live next door to such people... but they just don't call African Americans the N word, they call Hispanics and Gay people and oh yea ME too...LOL... Whomever isn't exactly like them, talk, think, breath, live like them is the N word...I don't know if any or whatever religion they are, but if they were to EVER tell me or me hear that they claim a religion, I will with no minced word let them know exactly what I think of them.
    These are the most Ingnorant people I have had the misfortune to have met let alone live next door too...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:39 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I think its one of the most vile, hateful words out there, and anyone who uses it cannot possibly have the compassion or love in their heart that Christianity teaches its followers to cultivate. I also think that the use of such a word is a sure indication of ignorance....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:47 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• i'm hispanic, my husband is black, neither of us use that word. we raise our children to be kind and respectful of all races. Now, the worse thing for me to hear apart of a white or asian or whatever saying the N word, is a black person saying the N word to eachother. why on earth would you get mad at a white person saying it, but ok when a black person says it. I dont like when a man calls a woman a B, and it shouldnt be acceptable for another woman to say it. To me that's the same thing. I just dont understand that. People are so ignorant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• it wouldn't matter to me what religion they espoused, it would be wrong. you can nitpick any religious community/person all day long, and i promise you, you'd find something wrong on any given day. religion doesn't make people perfect.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:58 AM on Sep. 25, 2009