getting depressed...

hubby & i have been trying to get pregnant for almost 7 months.. i had my IDU taken out in march.. ever since then ive had issues getting pregnant. 1 miscarriage.....i have a toddler with a past relationship... im scared something is wrong with my hubby & hes scared to go to the dr to find out.. im stressed out, losing hope and so depressed.. idk what to do anymore.. i was dx with hypothyroidism does that affect us conceiving? helpppp.

MarineDream771

Asked by MarineDream771 at 10:54 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• did the drs tell you after having your IUD taken out ti can take up to one full year or more to become pregnant.
    and dont worry i have a child from a previouse relationship. and me and my husband tried for 6 months before we got pregnant. try a little bit longer. and if by the time march rolls around your not and want to test then do it. chances are tho its just the whole iud thing.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 10:55 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• i really didnt like my last dr, bc she never told me anything about it.. so hopefully its just the iud.. thanks.
    MarineDream771

Answer by MarineDream771 at 10:57 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• First of all relax, that could hinder getting pregnant. 2nd I strongly believe in the power of prayer, and personally I tried 5 years to get pregnant, one day my pastor prayed over me, and the next month I was blessed with my first child. Even got blessed about 2 years ago with 2nd one. It will happen.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 10:57 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• she si right trying too hard can cause you not too. when my husband i were trying i was doing everything i could even standing on my head after making love!!! finally one day we just decided that it would happen in its own time. so valentines day we had a romantic dinner.candles,wine.made love on the living room floor. next month i found out i was pregnant. we had concieved on valentines day...so relaxe take your time.and enjoy the practice. the only reason were in a hurry is cause hes leaving for iraq soon.and if it doesnt happen now we will have to wait till R&R or next year when he gets back
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 11:09 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I have two kids one from a previous relationship so I thought that there wasnt anything wrong with me. when we decided to try again we thought it would happen right away. it took 11.5 months to get preggers with this one.(im21 weeks) sometimes it takes awhile. ohh i was on the nuva ring for 2 years prior
    marinewife0311

Answer by marinewife0311 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Nothing wrong with getting checked out to make sure everything's okay.

But just keep in mind it does take the average healthy couple about 6 months to get pregnant. And the average american woman will have two miscarriages in her lifetime.

So it sounds to me like you're very normal.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 4:40 PM on Sep. 26, 2009