Do you come to a point of falling out for your husband?

My husband is such a jealous man. Though we are millions of miles apart because he works in the Middle East. I understand his ordeal of being alone in a very restricted place but what I don't understand is his jealousy. He knows that I am serving the Lord through this community that I join, still, he has reasons that at times he becomes really unreasonable. Hearing a sound of a male voice on the background makes him feel jealous. I come to a point of really being fed up with his being unreasonable. My being in a Christian community makes me hold on to our relationship. But really, I thought, if I had all the ways and means to raise my family alone without depending on him, I would want to be alone with the children. But I'm still holding on to my prayers.

mommytoots

Asked by mommytoots at 10:57 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• Love doesnt just die, it is killed.. I think he needs to understand that..
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 11:02 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Distance may be making him more jealous, was he like this when he was home?? Or has he been home for long periods?

I think that often you can fall in & out of love, & back in love over & over through out your marriage. Before I got married a priest once told me that there would be days when it was easy to love my husband, & days when I would have to get up and make a choice to love him all through my marriage. I've been married 21 years, I think that's true.

Being separated for long periods is really hard on a marriage. I'm not saying you belong together, but since you are a Christian, I would go to your church and ask for help or counseling while you work this out. I don't know your husband or you, so I don't know if he just has a jealous and controlling nature, or if he was like this before you married. Think carefully, divorce isn't easy either, but no one should stay in a marriage where they are miserable.

Good luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:21 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• He knows the flesh is weak and he's not with you to protect you from evils that might befall you. Just keep reassuring him that he's your only physical love while God is your only spiritual love.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:53 AM on Sep. 25, 2009