Ideas for activities and keeping sane?

I start a new babysitting Tuesday for a 7 1/2 month old, almost 3 year old, a 4 year old, and a 2nd grader. The 4 year old will be gone half day, and the oldest most of the day. Except Saturday they will all be there. Plus my 17 month old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• find something they like to do. Parks, indoor play areas, we set up playdates for the kids that I watch with my sister's kids (obviously check with the parents first)
    Other than that, get them into art stuff, play games, etc!
    Good luck! IT's difficult to have so many and your own. I know, I have 5 plus my DD and I"m pregnant.. so working for me is a circus!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:14 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I own a home daycare. I also have 3 of my own. So I have a 3 month old, a 2 year old and a 3 year old that are mine. And I have a 2 year old, a 3 year old and an 18 month old that I watch from 6 AM to 7PM Monday thru Friday. Right now they'e playing with dress-up clothes. Anytime it's nice weather outside, that's usually where we are. They love it and it burns off their energy. On days that we can't go outside we pull out the pop-up tents.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:09 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Or you can just get a sheet and have something weigh down the corners and put a fan under it to blow it up. They LOVE that. Play-doh is a favorite for LO's this age. Sidewalk chalk. Set up an obstacle course for them inside. Like place a broom between 2 chairs. Put some tape on the floor.Get a card board box. Have them go under te broom, walk along the tape line, and crawl through the box. Get online and find some Halloween activities. This is a wondeful site:

http://familyfun.go.com/parenting/child/dev/specialfeature/famf0703familyfun123-games/
    renea20

• God go with you girl! My 5 are enough thanks!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:28 PM on Sep. 25, 2009