Mo-Hawks

Love them or hate them?

Would you let your child have a mo-hawk for a hair style?

lilymama03

Asked by lilymama03 at 10:59 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No I think they are trashy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I think they are cute on little boys. Not high ones, just little short ones. I've seen ones on little girls......thats a no for me.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:05 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Mohawks are dumb. My son will not have one. Ever.
    I think people with one are trying to say they're edgy, but personality should say 'edgy' not hair.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:05 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• My Nathan has one every summer. I love them.
    Dianneakamommy

Answer by Dianneakamommy at 11:06 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• It's only hair, that is one battle i'm not choosing to have with my children. My son is 16 and although he can't do a mohawk during school, hes in jrotc, but if he wanted one in the summer, I could care less. He's a good student and is respectful and an all around good kid, so why make an issue out of HAIR
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:08 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• love them!!!! I say whatever the style the child wants, that's fine by me! I dont care if its a mohawk or pink and green! Normal is obviously ok too, but if I have a boy he will rock the mohawk a few times :) It's cute!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:08 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I love them, if DS wanted one I'd let him!
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 11:10 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• My little one rocked a mohawk for quite sometime and is was way cute, it fit his personality so well! Than he decided he wanted hair like wolverine so he asked me to shave it off so i did.
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 11:13 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Where we live the schools whether public or private do not allow mohawks. So this little kid in k had one and the principal told the parent to grow it out.They did. Honestly inthe summer why not? But when going back to school it looks either burnout looking or punk and if you are under 18 you should look like a kid not something that your parents think is cool and get attention at a ball game.Two brothers had a mohawk and dyed it the color of the baseball team they were rooting for.Of course the camera kept getting them on the big screen at a Florida ballpark and the father thought they were big shots . People got so distracted that they told the guy to calm down we want to watch the game not your kids' mohawks.Security told him to relax. True story......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I think they're silly looking but I don't judge what other people do with their kids. As long as a person is taking good care of their kid it doesn't bother me what they decide to dress them in or how they do their hair.

I do get sad when I see kids that are being forced to express their parent's style and choices rather than making their own. I see punk rock parents making their kids dress like mini punks all the time and a lot of times the kids just want to dress normal. Of course there is the opposite side of the coin with kids who want to dress wild and their parents make them dress more conservatively.

At a certain age a child should be able to express themselves freely however they choose to do so - though I draw the line at tattoos and piercings.

I think I strayed from the original question...
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:22 AM on Sep. 25, 2009