Friends

I am sick of my friends they always call and say lets get together at your house and play games (we love board games). My home is the largest and I get that. I always have to clean up the mess and supply the drinks. I love hanging with them but they never ask us to come to their place. If I were to say no we would never hang with them. What do do? Are they not really good friends? Thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• They may not realize what you do...ask them to bring the drinks and then if they dont mind staying to help pick up-if they are good friends they wont mind.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 11:31 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• We went through that too. Everyone wanted to get together but we were the only ones that would offer to do it and the kids would wreck our house. I used to do daycare out of our house so I guess they figured that was fine. We stopped. Stopped offering to do the game nights and no one offered in our place so we haven't had a game night in a year probably. I don't know that I miss it all that much either. It was always more work than it should have been. We are moving now and I can't wait to get out there and make new friends hopefully. Good luck. I would definitely put a BYOB requirement on your parties if nothing else.
    Rowdyblues

Answer by Rowdyblues at 11:34 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Let them know how much you enjoy their company and being friends, but that all of you need to sit down and come up with a type of schedule where they can rotate and help out with cleaning up afterwards, so it's not just you. Let them know you want it to be fair, and if you guys can't agree on something then you want to change and have the playdates at someone elses house.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:36 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Have them over, but don't supply any alcohol and I am sure your point will get across.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Sep. 25, 2009