What r the chances of pregnancy after getting tubes tied?

I got my tubes tied 4 years ago and am not trying to have anymore kids. We have 4 boys already and that is enough. Well I am 2 weeks late and I am worried I might be pregnant. I am curious what the chances are 4 me to be pregnant and also if I am and it is tubal what r the signs? I am having pains (minor ones) in my midsection and really discomforting pain in my left shoulder also. That is about it thank you all in advance for the advice.

Julahan

Asked by Julahan at 11:21 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 1 and 100. same as a IUD. My dr told me that bc I was gonna get mine tied and then he said you know that even with tubes tied you can get pregant the chances are the same as the IUD its one in 100 so why not just get the IUD just in case you want more later, i am 22 and I am glad I got my IUD. But yes you can be pregnant, I hope you arent BUT if you are I am praying for a girl for you.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 11:24 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I think chances are pretty slim, had mine tied 16 years ago. Doc told me that if I got prego that he would come back from retirement and raise the kid. It could be stress or a change in your life. Go take a test you will feel better.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 11:25 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• i've met one person who got pregnant with her tubes tied but i guess they came to find out that the procedure wasn't done properly anyhow. depending on age your body could also just be changing (eg: menopause)... good luck, i hope everything works out for you
    SammyJoB

Answer by SammyJoB at 11:49 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I just wanted to say thank you all and also I am only 29 so I don't think it is Menopause put lord knows I am one of those people who things happen to when the odds are not very high it still happens to me I guess that is why I am so worried. Thank you.
    Julahan

Answer by Julahan at 1:18 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I had my doctor tie, sear, and cut my tubes. I have had scares a lot and haven't had my period for at least a month before. I was told that after getting a tubal you can miss up to a few months and not be pregnant.
    meliscool72

Answer by meliscool72 at 2:42 PM on Nov. 12, 2009