Potty Training, suggestions needed!

I am thinking about beginning to introduce my 25 month old daughter to potty training. Her poop schedule (lol) is pretty much like clockwork, and she is starting to grab at her diaper in the crotch and pull it away from her it seems. Most of the times she tells me when she goes poop too. So I don't think it would be a bad idea to at least start and see how she responds.

I was looking at potty training seats yesterday at a store but I don't know if it would be better to buy her an individual chair or the seat that sits on the regular sized toilet. Any suggestions and tips on how to get this going?? Thanks!

Tina

nrth2sth05

Asked by nrth2sth05 at 11:37 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• WELL I GOT MY DD A POTTY CHAIR (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LRGQ0A) SHE LOVED IT ,IT CAN ALSO GO ON THE TOILET AND ITS ALSO A STEP STOOL SO IT WAS A GREAT BUY. SHE HAS BEEN POTTY TRAINED SINCE FEBRUARY AND I STILL KEEP THIS IN HER ROOM FOR AT NIGHT! I WISH I WOULD HAVE TRAINED HER WITH JUST THE TOILET AND NO POTTY OR SEAT, SO WHEN WE WENT IN PUBLIC I DIDN'T HAVE TO USE ANYTHING! CUZ I ALSO BOUGHT THIS http://www.amazon.com/Ginsey-Dora-Soft-Potty-Seat/dp/B0000DEW96/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1253897646&sr=1-1 AND THEN IT WAS TO MUCH SO I USED IT IN MY OTHER BATHROOM FOR IF SHE NEEDED TO GO AND SOMEONE WAS IN THERE, THEN I BOUGHT THIS http://www.amazon.com/Ginsey-Dora-Folding-Travel-Potty/dp/B00076SKZY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1253897646&sr=1-2 AND GUESS WHAT SHE USED IT FOR ABOUT 4 MONTHS AND THATS IT NOW SHE JUST SITS ON THE POTTY BY HERSELF! BUT SHE STILL USES HER POTTY CHAIR EVERYDAY !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 12:57 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• We started with the chair, but when we got a ring after a few days (because we were ready to venture out in public (we went straight to underwear), and she responded so much better to the ring. I've heard some kids are the opposite, though. In your place, I'd invest the 10 bucks for each, that way you'll have your bases covered. No need to get a fancy dancy potty seat, though, IMO.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:22 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I potty trained my daughter at 11 months. She was pulling her diapers off. So I started taking her to the potty with me and having her sit on it and try to go. After a couple weeks of ripping off her diaper and poo flinging across the living room, I finally just put underwear on her and told her if she wanted to stay dry she had to go in the potty. That first night we fell asleep on the couch together and she didn't wet herself at all. She woke up and said mommy pee pee so I took her in the bathroom, sat her down, and that was that. We haven't touched diapers since.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• We started training our son when he turned two. We got him a potty and I recommend that, especially at first. We kept it in the room we were in the most so we didn't have to run through the house when he had to go and risk accidents on the floor.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:23 PM on Sep. 25, 2009