Getting rid off cat urine smell

I have a microfiber chair that has been in storage for 8 months and I just realized it smells like cat urine. Yuck! Does anyone know how to effectivelly get rid off this horrible smell without damaging the microfiber?

Kaelebsmom

Asked by Kaelebsmom at 11:38 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Home & Garden

• natures miracle from target or petsmart is good stuff, i used it on my microfiber couch---but test on the underside of coushion (sp? that looks realay wrong to me)of yours just to be safe.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 11:41 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I've found a lot of the products you purchase in retail stores don't get rid of the smell. And trust me, my mom's cat, Peaches, has used the house as a litter box since we bought another female cat into the house.....8 long years ago....she's tried every product out there. And my husband and I own a carpet cleaning business and get this problem a LOT.

It may cost a little more but I'd go on eBay and get a professional grade product called Odor-ENDzyme, which is one of the best ones we use. It's a concentrate so you'll be able to keep a spray bottle handy to use.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:43 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• seriously hard to get rid of. my in laws cat peed on my son's brand new jacket once. we used every thing anybody recommended to clean it & finally had to throw it away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Sep. 26, 2009