need info on pregnancy!

it might sound dumb to some of you but i feel the need to ask anyhow. i told my OB that i've never been pregnant before, and i dont know what to expect, what i'm still allowed to do and what i'm not allowed to do. he said just don't drink and don't smoke. i know there has to be more limitations than that. if your DOCTOR has told you anything you need to refrain from doing while prego please let me know. no old wives tales, please, just stuff you've heard from an OB. thank you =)

SammyJoB

Asked by SammyJoB at 11:45 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the best thing to do is to go to the library and find a book about pregnancy, it can give you some good ideas on eating well for you and your baby, what to avoid during pregnancy, what to expect. good luck! :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• go to a store (barnes and nobles, walmart ect.) get the book what to expect when you're expecting. this is my 1st time being pregnant too, and i have been clueless about a lot! i also use the website www.babycenter.com its very useful!
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 11:51 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• what to expect is a very popular book but i personally don't like it at all! you might want to try

The Complete Book of Pregnancy and Childbirth - Sheila Kitzinger or
    The Pregnancy Book - Martha Sears

instead. of course you might like what to expect. :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:58 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Don't lift heavy things. They say not to eat cold deli meats or cold hotdogs bc you can supposedly get some type of bacteria or something from it so they tell you to warm it up (I at a bologna sandwich last night tho). Don't change cat litter or mess with cats too much bc there's a bacteria that you can get (toxoplasmosis). Of course don't drink or smoke. No sushi or certain kinds of fish (Catfish is ok I know). Cant eat certain types of cheese (im sure you can Google the fish and cheese and it'll tell you what you can and can't eat). Can ride rides at carnivals or amusement parks or anything. There's only certain medicines you can take (Tylenol I know for sure but not sure abot anything else but I know nothing with aspirin).
    \That's all I can think of right now.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 1:23 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• thank you =)
    SammyJoB

Answer by SammyJoB at 5:44 PM on Sep. 25, 2009