Has anyone else had abnormal gluclose test results?

I just got the results back from my 3 hr gluclose (SP) test and they came back abnormal. Now they are sending me to a specialist but didn't exactly tell me why. I guess my question is has anyone else had this happen? If so did everything work out ok? Is there anything special I should be doing?

kuddlygrl

Asked by kuddlygrl at 11:47 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had an abnormal 1hour but passed my 3 hour. I heard they do a 6 hour one after that, but i think they stopped doing that. You're probably going to a specialist to see if you have Gestational Diabetes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I have gestional diabetes an i did not have to go see a specialist! If i were u i would call the doc an ask why u have to see a specialist! Gl
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I failed my 1 hour. Took another one and failed it, too. Then we did a 3 hour. I passed that one. Had I failed it, he would have sent me to a specialist for diabetes education and management.
    proud2Bmomma

Answer by proud2Bmomma at 12:49 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• If you failed the 3 hour then you have gestational diabetes. Most likely you are going to a nutritional specialist to set up a special diet. My dr sent me to a small class and a nutrition counselor who set me up with a diet plan - it was more food than I could have possibly eaten in a day, and I hardly gained any weight (I weigh 120 lbs, so it's not like I'm overweight). There were certain things I couldn't eat, I had to watch sweets, but it was for the health of my baby and for such a short period of time!

Answer by missanc at 1:14 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• If you fail the three hour, then you were probably diagnosed with gd, but the doctor just didn't make that clear. And, he/she is probably sending you to a nutritionist, or endocrinologist depending on how bad you failed it, to get insulin set up.

I failed my one hour, barely passed my three hour, and when my son was six months old, got type 2 diabetes, but didn't get diagnosed till he was about 18 months.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 12:50 AM on Sep. 26, 2009