Would you get a new wedding ring if you didn't like yours?

Its unheard of in my family to get rid of something as important as a wedding ring (unless you are getting divorced) but I don't like mine and really never have. We went to pick it out together but he didn't end up buying what we had picked out. Plus my taste has changed in the past 7 years and I have lost a lot of weight so it doesn't fit anymore. I bought a cheap ring (lol $8) to wear in its place until we can get it resized but now I love the cheap ring and don't really want the other one back. DH has even said that the cheap ring suits me more than my wedding ring and we should find me a real one that is similar. I don't want to hurt his feelings by saying that I would like to do that but I would. So would you? Is it just a piece of jewelry or is it more than that? And what do you do with the old one if you replace it?

Rowdyblues

Asked by Rowdyblues at 11:57 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• Well if my DH is the one suggesting it then ya...Id go for it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:59 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Yes I would replace it and since it was his idea then it won't hurt his feelings. If anything gets said tell him that you thought he wanted you to replace it with a new one. You can trade your other one in too so it helps with the cost if that matters.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:00 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I'd do it with him, not without, let him know what all you just told us, he should understand. :)
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 12:01 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• If he agrees than it souldn't hurt his feelings. I have intentions on getting another ring for our 10, 15, or 20 year anniversery and give my old ones to my girls. I loved the one my DH gave me on our wedding day but it got stolen and we went to the place where we spent our hooneymoon and he bought me a cheaper but more special ring. I think mainly the symbolisim of the ring is more important than the ring itself. But Good luck and I wish you the best.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:03 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• The ring has sentimental value. It isn't like you are throwing it away. The ring you wear is merely a symbol of the vows you spoke. Life is way too complicated as it is. Get something that makes you feel comfortable. Is is super easy that Dh is in agreement.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:22 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I could never do it but hey he said its okay so go for it. Most people trade there's in for an upgrade.
    Dianneakamommy

Answer by Dianneakamommy at 7:18 AM on Sep. 26, 2009