I dont know what to do!!!

I have been having contractions since last Tuesday. But every time that they start to get close they all of a sudden skip an hour or 2... I just found out yesterday that I am dilating... But my water hasnt broke.
I dont want to really run to the dr, just to have them send me home, but does any body else not seem worried that maybe something is wrong???
The contractions have gotten as close as 10 minutes apart, 3 in a row... Then the next one wont come until an hour or more has gone by.
I have tried walking or just relaxing, i have been drinking lots of water..
And I have to pee like every 5 minutes or less cuz I feel like its just going to leak out of me (I think this feeling is because i am dilated)
I have had a child naturally before this one. But as we all know every pregnancy is different.
Also I am only considered 36 weeks, my 37th starts on Sunday.

Please help me out with some suggestions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i wouldnt worry. i have contractions for weeks. they can come and go many times before you actually gointo labor.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 12:15 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• It doesnt sound like labor is anywhere near. 10 minutes apart, regardless for how long, is not a regular contraction pattern! It is TOTALLY normal to be dilating at 36 weeks and to start going thru "false labor" episodes at this point.

I wouldnt go to the doc just based on what you said. And ummm... being dilated doesnt make you feel like pee is going to leak out of your! Your bladder is between your babies head and the cervix so his/her head pushing down on your bladder is what is making you feel that way
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:15 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I think your not in labor. Your contractions should be five minutes apart and continuous. Just hang on you could be dilated for weeks!
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I don't think its labor. If it was real labor, it wouldn't stop like that. Your body is just gearing up for it.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 12:24 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• With my first born, I as soon as I had reached (as some of you are saying - 5 minutes apart) my daughter was already pushing her way out. And I have read that your second usually comes faster than the first when your in active labor.

So how can I not be in labor?

Plus, I have dilated from not even a 1 to almost a 4 over the last day...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• well if you think your in labor then go. we're just people over the internet and its your money....
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:53 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I had contractions for weeks and slow dilation with my second child. He ended up being late! So don't worry. Keep count and if they get steady and severe, go to the doctor.
    Glutenfreebaby

Answer by Glutenfreebaby at 2:00 PM on Sep. 25, 2009