Why did God create us with the ability to shed tears?

What's so bad about a child throwing a tantrum and crying?

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's not that it's bad.
    It's that we have to teach our children what is socially acceptable. I certainly dont throw my body and the ground and pound my hands into the ground, kick my feet, and scream as loud as i can if my husband decides that we can't afford the new camera that i want.
    Toddlers are learning what social skills are and it is our jobs as parents to teach them. If we fail to teach them now, it can be harder to try to change it when they are older.

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:15 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Your two questions contradict one another.

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 12:14 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• If we didn't have tears, I'm sure we'd be blind or something like that. The eyes require moisture. LOL And there's nothing wring with a BABY throwing a tantrum, but as they get older, they should know better.

Answer by LyTe684 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

Please enlighten us!
    As previous posters said there is nothing wrong with crying but there are socially accepted ways to behave.

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Well, there has to be a good reason most adults don't throw themself on the floor of a restaurant kicking, screaming and crying.

Answer by lvpenguino at 2:00 PM on Sep. 25, 2009