• In the Spotlight:

Why are my boobs any concern of yours?

I hear gay people say all the time they want people to "stay out of their bedroom". Well, I want people to stay away from my boobs. While I agree that breast feeding is the ideal choice overall, it is a choice each individual Mother needs to make. Remember, CHOICE...a Mother has the right to do whatever she wants with HER body...well that includes choosing to breast feed or not. I am so tired of these women who are shoving the belief down other womens throats that formula is some vile poison and if she doesn't breastfeed she is a bad mother and shame on her. Some women will bottle feed their babies, and for whatever reason they choose to do so they need to be LEFT ALONE. It's not your baby, it's not your body, so stay out of it!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I breastfed all 4 of my kids, but I supplemented on great occasion with formula - I don't think it's "poison." I don't generally "shove my belief" down other people's throats, but if someone asks for my opinion, then I believe I have a right to share that.

Answer by missanc at 12:15 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Oh give it a rest woman. No one cares as much about it as you do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I agree it's the MOTHER'S choice, period. And I agree also we need to stay out of eachothers bras.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:16 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I agree. 100%.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:16 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I completely agree!
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 12:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I feel that if you are able to breastfeed, then you should. Breastmilk is better than formula, there is no denying that. It says it right on the can. And there is nothing wrong with being open about the benefits of breastfeeding.
    When you are choosing what to do with YOUR body, you are choosing what goes into your CHILDS body.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 12:21 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I agree, and those of us who did bottle feed DO care, because we are always looked down upon by the breast feeding nazi's
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:22 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I hate the whole breast nazi thing. Why am I a nazi for acknowledging that breast milk is superior to formula?
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 12:25 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I agree!!
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 12:25 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Acknowledging and looking down upon are 2 seperate things. The BF nazis are the ones that imply and sometimes insist, that formula fed babies are less healthy, less loved and less taken care of then BF babies, and they make sure to try and make a mom who can't or chooses not to BF feel that way, those are the Nazi's.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:28 PM on Sep. 25, 2009