Birth control advice

Okay, I'm having a lot of issues with my Mirena and want it taken out, but I'm only 23 and not sure if I want more kids later on so I don't want to get my tubes tied. I've heard bad things about depo and can't remember to take a pill the same time everyday for the life of me. So can anyone suggest anything to do because I just can't take the effects of this darn thing anymore. Thanks much.

steph0617

Asked by steph0617 at 12:41 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • The nuva ring is an option..you insert it into your vagina for 3 weeks then remove for 7 days then insert a new one.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:42 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I've also heard about the Nuva Ring, but a lot of people say it falls out during sex and I definitely don't feel comfortable with that. Sorry not trying to complain just worried and I don't need anymore kids right now. Also personal experiences with bc would be helpful.
    steph0617

Answer by steph0617 at 12:45 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I've never had it fall out. I used it for 9 months. Never had it come out when pooping or sex. They reason it may have come out is if they didn't use enough lube when using a condom, or during foreplay if the guy hooks it with his finger and pulls it out.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:47 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Yeah, the nuvaring would be a good option for you. You can take it out during sex so that you know it doesn't "fall" out and you not know about it. It can be out for up to 3 hours i believe then must be reinserted. Very easy. I didn't like it though, it gave me alot of infections the first month on it so i just gave up on bc all together haha. (besides condoms)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:50 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Do you have to use a condem with it? We don' t use them because we can't feel anything. Sorry if TMI.
    steph0617

Answer by steph0617 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• The ring was annoying, and did fall out on occasion for me and really, if you are having issues with the IUD you will probably have the same issues with the ring. have you thought about the copper t? I had that for a while and my only issue was the really bad cramping during periods (and they both came part way out, but if you haven't had that problem with the merina, you probobly wont have it with the T). Is the patch still on the market? I loved that thing. I did it for two years before my body started objecting to the glue used on it. I used to write the day I needed to change it on in perm marker on it so I didn't even have to think about it. GL
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:15 AM on Sep. 26, 2009