I have four dogs and a moderate size backyard. We are eventually going to put a seperate doggie area in but can't do it until next year. Aside from picking up poo, is there anything else I can do to sanitize the yard? The kids love to run barefoot and roll in the grass and I feel like they are doing it in a giant toilet bowl... Gross!

sherwins.girl

Asked by sherwins.girl at 12:42 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Pets

• I kenneld off a section with a portable kennel and we cut a side off, and put it up to the house so one of our house doors opens to it. they have there own spot to run and they are happy and my daughter stays clean for the most part!
    mememecassie

Answer by mememecassie at 12:51 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• PetSmart has yard spray I think. You might ask them. I know we sprayed the yard at the animal clinic with blue stuff but it was all rock so there was no grass to worry about.
    Rowdyblues

Answer by Rowdyblues at 12:58 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• The portable fence is perfect. You didnt mention if they were inside, outside dogs, taht would make a difference.
    Jodie269

Answer by Jodie269 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Get one of those fertilizer attachments for the hose and put bleach in it. Put it on a low setting and spray the yard down with the water/bleach mix. It's a low concentration of bleach so it wont kill the grass. This is what we do at the doggie daycare I work at.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Sep. 25, 2009