Birth control advice

Okay, I'm having a lot of issues with my Mirena and want it taken out, but I'm only 23 and not sure if I want more kids later on so I don't want to get my tubes tied. I've heard bad things about depo and can't remember to take a pill the same time everyday for the life of me. So can anyone suggest anything to do because I just can't take the effects of this darn thing anymore. Thanks much.

steph0617

Asked by steph0617 at 12:42 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • is it the hormones in that particular IUD causing the problems? b/c I have paraguard which is a copper IUD that doesn't use hormones and can be in for up to 10 years. for some the shot works great. otherwise there is that nuvaring too.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 1:01 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• What ever you do, don't get the Depo shot!!!!!
    captaintara

Answer by captaintara at 1:35 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible

Answer by rkoloms at 7:43 PM on Sep. 25, 2009