What do you think abou this whole Makenzie Phillips thing?

And are/were you a fan of the Mamas and the Papas?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:46 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Entertainment

• What "thing" are we talking about? LOL I saw her on the news the other day but didn't hear the topic.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 1:03 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Nasty. I will not think of the Mama's and Papa's the same...
    lesliemck86

Answer by lesliemck86 at 4:05 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

She had a consensual, sexual relationship with her father for years, and at one point got an abortion because she didn't know if it was her husband's baby or her father's...allegedly.

And what I think is she has a book to sell, and it's convenient to drop that bombshell after he's dead and can't defend himself (or disprove it). Because there's nothing as credible as a junky looking for money.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:58 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I believe her. I saw the original Oprah interview and believed her then and today I watched Chynne Phillips on Oprah and she confirmed it. I think she was very brave to come out with this! Yeah, she has a book to sell but other than a couple bucks she has nothing to gain. I think she had a story to tell without that info so why would someone make that up! JMO

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:15 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Mixed feelings...she was basically raised by a bunch of junkies and had no discipline or boundaries in her life....originally she was taken advantage of by her piece of shit poor excuse for a father. Don't know what to say about it continuing though, I guess she was really f****d up in the head....heroin addiction for years! Her sister turned out ok though, I guess she had a different mom, raised differently. The whole thing is just horrible....
    jlm202610

Answer by jlm202610 at 10:15 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Her sister said it was true. Very sad.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2009