End of Pregnancy Crisis?

So I am down to my last few weeks, and my mind is starting to race. This is my first baby, i just turned 22 at the end of August. My fiance is 38 he will be 39 begining of November. We moved out of my hometown in January, and I left my whole life there...
I love him so much and I am ready to be a mom, but I am starting to think of all the things in the future, Do I really want to get married? Is he the one I ultimately want to be with forever? Am I really going to be able to give my daughter the life I want her to have? Am I going to be a good mom? Am i ever going to be able to go out and do anything? Is this it?
I never had any of these thoughts cross my mind until now, I know I love my fiance, and I we have saved every cent to make sure we wont struggle. I have even started a seperate account for my daughter that I dont touch for whatever she needs. I feel so disgusting for thinking this way, but i do...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• Those are common fears. I wasn't much older than you when I had my son. It was funny on our way home from the hospital after I had my son I started BAWLING. Hub asked me what was wrong and I said "I've wanted him my WHOLE life, now that I have him, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH HIM!!!" LOL you will have lots of moments like that. Being a first time mom is scary business, but it's all a phase and we make it through it. Oh yea, that son is now 16 and we have a daughter who is 10
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:53 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• so basically u are with some father figure who is almost twice your age and who probably can't even provide u with sex in a couple of years so future children might be out of the question. why would u do that to yourself? i don't think I'd marry the old boy. live with him but marriage doesn't sound like a good idea 2 me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Excuse me? Some father figure? How sick is your mind? Dont marry the old boy? What is wrong with you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I think the reason you are questioning your decision to marry is because you know how difficult it would be for a marriage to work with the age difference.

It's a tough change becoming a mom. It's much easier when you are married and have family and friends to help. The first year is really hard.

My suggestions. Breastfeed. Not only will you be giving your baby the best but you will have the advantage of the breastfeeding hormones and drug like effects. To get breastfeeding off to a good start don't use any bottles, pacifiers, or give your baby formula. If you have problems call LLL.

If you break up file for child support the next day.

Don't worry about forever and having fun. Your baby is little for just a short time.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:08 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Having a baby is a HUGE change of life and it is totally common to have these sorts of fears. It's scary for us all. We just take it one day at a time. All your baby needs right now is love and it sounds like you have plenty of that.

Hang in there, and try to find a support network - friends who are also mothers, family, anyone that you feel close to. It's hard when your family is far away, but it's not impossible. Take a deep breath and give it time. You'll find a way to make it work.

You'll be a great mommy, just give yourself the chance :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:19 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• These are very common thoughts. Just take it one day a time. All you can do is your best. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:30 PM on Sep. 25, 2009