How much do you have in your savings account?

Pls be honest ladies, I have had this discussion with my DH and we have 9000.00 in our savings account for a cushion and no debt except your home. I think we are in good shape compared to a lot of others. He thinks most people have more and are in better shape than us. Please let me know if I am wrong. Post anonymously.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• Owe 25,000 on the house and 20,000 on vehicles and have @600.00 in savings
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• We don't owe anything on our house, we don't owe anything on our vehicles either.
    We have 3 savings accounts, but one is for our son's college and we'll be setting up another for this baby. We have (rounding up) $25,000 in one, $15,000 in another, and $9,000 in the savings we have for our son (grandparents also put money in it monthly as well).
    We have a few CD accounts too, that we turn around and put it back in another one. I'm honestly not sure how much they are now. I haven't checked this month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I have 125K in savings - it was an inheritance, plus my dh and I have a joint savings with 10K, and then there's his retirement account (not sure how much is in there)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• we dont own a house. we have about 3000 in credit debt and have about 2500 in the bank ...
    we'd have more in the bank and have our credit paid off if DH didn't have to battle for custody with his ex. ...thank god we have our priorities straight. :)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:13 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• We have been hit by ecconomic down turn in DH job field, we owe on house, 2 cars ,credit cards and have about 1,000 in savings for school tuition for our son next year. Thats it, nothing else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• For those ANON who have quite a bit in savings...could you please state your age...it can be ANON too...thanks
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:16 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• What's a savings account???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• We have 8100 in savings and about 80k in retirement savings and we are early 40s. No debt except home loan
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• We have $ O.OO and owe about $ 18,398.50 + in credit cards. We don't own a house . We own 2 used cars.
    Anonymous

• Zip
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:27 PM on Sep. 25, 2009