Why would anyone fear or hate a census worker?

Lets have a look see
One of the most infamous Census conspiracy theories was spread by Rep. Michele Bachmann -- that the census would lay the groundwork for World War II-style internment camps.

Anti-tax activist Neal Boortz thinks the Census is being used to take away your property and give it to the "moochers."

Some fringe conservatives think President Obama's in-school census kits are a way of indoctrinating children. Just like Hitler.

The American Daily Review suggests that the Census GPS is a way to help United Nations personnel round people up after Obama lets foreign troops control the country.

Of course, the adoption of GPS by census-takers could be a way of targeting "undesirables" for missile-drone attacks.

Republicans saw Obama's decision to have the Census Director report to the White House as a power grab and a way to politicize the count.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 1:18 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Michelle Malkin suggests Obama aims to use the Census to undermine border control and give "the Left" a "permanent ruling majority" with the help of undocumented immigrants.

Bachmann, along with other conservative Republicans was concerned that ACORN would be working the Census and ...who knows what

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:19 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I was a census worker and no one hated me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• WAS....When?
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:24 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Not sure why anyone would hate or fear one. They're just hired to do a job. I've never filled out a census, but that's me. I'm sort of private like that, and don't see the need for a published book (in my town) of who lives where and how many kids and who lives with them, and who's registered, etc. I also don't license my dogs.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:31 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Yeah it is always someone elses fault never the individuals themselves nor those on the hill as long as those on the hill are pushing your agenda..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:32 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

Why would anyone fear a census worker because of something going on on the hill? These CRAZY lies have been spread (some right here on CM) you don't think they hav ean affect?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:39 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Oh and just like it isn't ACORNS fault for what some individuals did.......hmmm?
    sweet-a-kins

• Oh get off defending ACORN sweet the bulk of them are nothing but low class thugs period.We already see where this is going its where the liberals ALWAYS take things..point the finger at someone else it HAS to be because this person or that person over there said this or that ..My children have more sense.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:46 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Oh get off defending ACORN sweet the bulk of them are nothing but low class thugs period

Not true
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:49 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Sure they are sweet I know the type trust me..worked amoung them for years.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:50 PM on Sep. 25, 2009