how long should you wait before you take a newborn out in public alot?

this s my first baby and i've heard from different people that you need to wait a certain amount of time before the baby should leave the house.

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 1:27 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We took my dd to the mall when she was three weeks old.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 1:29 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• if anyone that is living in that house goes out around people a whole lot,then the baby has already been out.mine was 5 weeks and i took him to church with us right after he came out of the nicu.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:32 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• In Flu season, very seldom!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Whatever you feel comfortable with hun...
    amber_1024

Answer by amber_1024 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Well with it being flu season, I'd wait. A newborn is pretty defenseless against stuff lke that. I waited about 5 wks to take my DD out in public, like around lots of people. She only went to my in-laws house before that. I didn't really need to drag her around for any reason. My sister on the other hand has 2 other kids and has no choice but to drag her newborn around with her to Wal mart and such. I wouldn't and didn't.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:09 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• my daughter was 6 days old when we went to target but of course I covered her carseat with a blanket, they cant build an immune system if they are locked in a house. Annas is 3 and a half months now and happy and healthy with teeth coming in and trying to sit up so it didnt hurt her :)
    anvilchick83

Answer by anvilchick83 at 12:29 AM on Sep. 26, 2009