When you order pizza and they add a delivery charge, do you still give the driver a tip?

I don't. If they don't add a deliver charge onto my bill then I always tip (well as long as it gets to me in a decent time and the person is friendly). How do you do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Food & Drink

• You do know that the delivery charge does not go to the driver right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Yeah it usually doesn't go to the driver and even if it does it's only a dollar. Minimum wage for servers is right around 3 dollars an hour, I've worked for tips and it's hard when people don't tip well, so you should tip them on top of the charge even if they do get the dollar charge, a dollar is not a sufficient tip.
    shawneewaiting

Answer by shawneewaiting at 1:49 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• i dont tip they get reimbursed for gas and the drivers make better money than the person who actually makes your pizza which is th eperson i feel should get the tip they did all the work i mean how hard is it to deliver a pizza i used to work for pizza hut and delivery drivers dont make bad money usually more than minimum wage and they get like i said reimbursed for the gas
    mom2kaydence09

Answer by mom2kaydence09 at 2:11 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• i worked at papa johns in high school and the delivery charge doesnt go to the drivers and they dont get reimbursed for gas. they usually use the tip money for gas.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 3:27 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• You should always tip if someone is doing you a service no matter what the business is charging.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:46 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• My son worked for Pizza Hut, and did not get reimbursed for gas, or get the delivery charge. Tip the pizza delivery person.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:58 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• The only thing we were paid when I delivered back in school was base pay and tips. No gas fee, no delivery fee - anyone who believes that is just making excuses and being cheap.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:56 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I always tip at least $3, sometimes $5 or $6 if it's a large order
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:57 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I usually tip something on top of the charge. If they are super fast, with a hot pizza, then I will tip more, but I always tip!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 5:12 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I always tip. That delivery charge doesn't go to the driver. I don't even know why they started charging that delivery fee. Never used to have one!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 6:47 PM on Sep. 25, 2009