Has anyone had problems with the Paraguard IUD?

I've had the Paraguard IUD for almost 8 months, and have had mild to moderate cramping most days since it was put in. I've had an ultrasound done to make sure it's in the right place, and it is. I've also had REALLY long periods and lots of spotting. I'm about to have it removed. I'm so tired of feeling uncomfortable.

vixenmama

Asked by vixenmama at 1:35 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Health

• OH Girl YES! I have nothing but bad things to say about all IUD's. I only had mine in for three months, but never stopped bleeding, nor cramping. One day, I developed an extremely painful throbbing on one side. I went into ER and they said I had developed a bad infection. They had to remove it, and put me on antibiotics for weeks. It was awful. I would never recommend them.

But that is just my opinion and some women love them. I guess everyone's body is different. My body just rejected it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:39 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• i have one when i first got it i bleed bad but my dr put me on birthcontrol pills for a month and that straightened it out havent had no problems since. i have had mine for 4 yrs
    abcisme

Answer by abcisme at 4:05 PM on Sep. 25, 2009