How do you pack for daycare?

I've never had my son in daycare and he will be starting soon as I'm going back to work. He's a year old now. I'm just wondering how people usually pack for daycare. Do I put everything like diapers, wipes, change of clothes, sunblock, etc. in a diaper bag that I take back and forth everyday? Any insight appreciated! :o)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You usually have a list of supplies you need to bring like diapers, wipes, extra clothes, and burp cloths. We have those things there and they stay in her little cubby. I bring in pre-made bottles and food that goes in the refrigerator everyday. They have little tote bags where they put the used bottles at the end of the day for me to take home and wash. Whenever she needs new supplies, they check it on a list and I bring them in the next day. Her sheets are given back every weekend to be washed.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:07 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• All of that is good. I used to keep a basket for each child stocked with that stuff and just asked mom for refills as needed. It was a lot easier than dealing with a ton of bags.
    Rowdyblues

Answer by Rowdyblues at 1:47 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Well I leave diapers wipes and cream there. They do community wipes at my daycare. We also bring sunblock and bug spray in the summer they keep there. The only thing I put in there everyday is new clothes.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 1:56 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I run a daycare and I keep one of those plastic stack drawer things stocked with diapers and clothes and wipes and anything each child needs. I label the drawers and when they get low on something I ask them to refill whatever it is that needs to be refilled. It is so much easier to have a parent bring a big bag of diapers and storing them in the drawers rather than having a ton of diaper bags laying all around. Good luck and remember Daycares use wipes for EVERYTHING so every once in a while bring in an extra box of wipes for the daycare just to help out. It is very very helpful. I use wipes for clean up from all meals plus craft time plus of course diaper changes and somtimes for those really really nasty sticky noses lol.
    Julahan

Answer by Julahan at 2:20 PM on Sep. 25, 2009