Can I drink ''Mother Milk Tea'' to increase my breast milk supply?

I have a baby of 8 months, and she doesn't take bottle and my milk has decreased. I pump after each feed and take 8 glass of water but my baby still hungry. When I pump I get some drops. pls help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah thast what is for. as for pumping putput some woman dot respond to the pump.. count diapers as long as is still 6 or more your milk supply has not decreased.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:43 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• yes, drink mother's milk tea...also take fenugreek, it's an herb that comes in capsule form, take over 3500mg a day to increase your supply...once i started drinking the tea and taking the fenugreek my supply increased A LOT. also get A LOT of sleep...i noticed that i make more milk while i'm sleeping. so when your baby naps you need to nap. and don't give you baby a pacifier or any solid foods, only breastmilk until your supply has built up. and put your baby to your breast every 1 1/2 hours, at least during the day time and every 4 hours at night
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I used it, works great, doesn't work for everyone though.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 1:49 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I drank it an noticed that it helped. Is the only time that you try to pump after you have nursed? If so, then I wouldn't worry too much. The amount that you get out of pumping can also depend upon the type of pump that you are using. I could hardly get anything out of my hand pump, but with my double electric I would get 11 ounces. Make sure to drink water right before your nurse or pump; that's when it helps most. If you are away from your baby when you pump, many moms find that it helps to look at pictures of their baby or watch video clips of them to help get their milk to let down. It sounds like if you are only getting a few drops, but you are successfully feeding your baby, that let down, not supply, might be your problem. Good luck!
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 2:01 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Feed the kid some formula.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• My mom swears by drinking a beer, like a heavy dark beer. I know many moms would never do that, but, if i was not flowing as much I would at least give it a try. I highly doubt that (1) beer will do anything to your child. The alcohol is metabolized too fast.

I'd like to know how the mothers milk tea works though!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:06 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Feed the kid some formula.

THIS A POST FOR BF MOM!!! IFYOU CANT HELP STAY OUT
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:35 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Well, pumping at this stage isn't going to be as effective in upping your supply. You just need to nurse, nurse, nurse, and nurse some more. The mother's milk tea is fine and should help, but nursing frequently is the most effective way to get your supply up.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 2:47 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Yes, the tea will help. Sounds like baby is in a growth spurt. Always hungry is NORMAL. How are the dipes? That's what matters.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:15 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Your baby is now 8months old so she drinks more than she did at birth. When you feed her she empties your breasts so there will hardly be anything when you pump afterwards. If she doesn't act really hungry after a feeding, then you're not dry. I haven't tried the tea and my milk dried after 9 months. I couldn't pump anything even BEFORE a feeding so the baby definately didn't get anything :( I think I cried more than she did. But anything is worth trying to produce more milk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Sep. 25, 2009