preg ????

I am 35weeks and 4 days. My OB measured my funal height at 35 cm. I gained NO weight this preg and actually lost 10 lbs. They want to do another sonogram to check fetal growth. Anybody can explain the funal heights is this normal at this many weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• fundal height gives the dr a general idea of how the baby is growing. as for how normal this is, it can very depending on the size of the woman, the size of the baby, and how the baby is positioned. the sonogram will measure various parts of the baby:head, legs, etc, to determine its development and what growth percentile it is in. they will probably also check heart rate, lung function, that sort of thing. i had them every week for the last two months or so due to low amniotic fluid levels; they are really not a big deal. if you get a nice tech, you may score extra sonogram pictures to show off;)
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:03 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• fundal height has nothing to do with anything really. mine was way off, going up and down through out my entire pregnancy. the fundal height can change if the baby changes positions. i really don't even know why OBs still use fundal height measurements, it seems like an ancient practice to me. since you lost weight i would get another ultrasound
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I agree with the other person my fundal height was all weird through out the entire pregnancy don't sweat it's no big deal!
    kat324

Answer by kat324 at 4:34 PM on Sep. 25, 2009