Are all people who disagree with homesexuality "homophobic"? Or do you think that is slanderous intimidation to make people shut up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• So, basically if you aren't "for" homosexuals you are "against" them?

Isn't that is what Jesus said, "if you aren't for me, you are against me."

How many of you are Jesusaphobes?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• It's a slanderous intimidation. I still won't shut up though. I am NOT homophobic,just because I don't accept homosexuality as natural. Just like I'm not racist for not being an Obama fan.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• No, I don't. The -phobe indicates fear or paranoia.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:57 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• In the end I believe it is a kind of fear that motivates people who are "against homosexuality" so the term is not inaccurate - though I think many don't know why they are afraid & don't acknowledge that it is fear.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 1:58 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• According to websters dictionary

Homophobia - irrational fear of, adversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals. 

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:03 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Answered at 2:01 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 by: Anonymous
    So, basically if you aren't "for" homosexuals you are "against" them?

I don't think so, you can be neutral & say it is no concern to me. But if you speak out against homosexuality & try to deny people rights based on it, you are against homosexuality.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 2:04 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• So yes, if you discriminate against gays you are homophobic.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:05 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• What do you mean by discriminate?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I think it's possible to disagree with homosexuality or homosexual acts but not be against homosexuals.  A person is much more than their sexual preference - so it's quite possible to think some of their actions are wrong and some are right.  And it's not homophobia or an irrational fear to think some actions a person might take are not morally correct and shouldn't be socially acceptable.  I do think there are people who are homophobic - but not everyone who rejects homosexuality as something that should be socially acceptable is homophobic.  And I do think people use the term homophobic in an attempt to intimidate some people.

Anonymous

• You are free not to agree with it, you don't have yo accept it, because it is not up to you to accept, but tolerance of the human involved instead of the sexual preference would be compassionate. Being homophobic means like pwmom dictionary meaning. discrimination, irrational fear.

Answer by older at 2:41 PM on Sep. 25, 2009