Measuring Big??

So I'm 28 almost 29 weeks, but had a dr. apt today and he said that I am measuring big and scheduled an ultrasound in 6 weeks. This is my 3rd pregnancy and i've never measured big before. Has anyone had this happen and if so what were the results?

atjm0919

Asked by atjm0919 at 2:04 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your dates could be off. Your dr. must not be worried if she is waiting 6 weeks for the ultrasound.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I am 37 weeks and I am measuring right on BUT we had a estimated weight ultrasound and the baby is measuring a week or so ahead at 7 lbs 13 oz. We go in today to see what the doctor thinks we should do since my first wasn't born till 41 weeks I was induced and weighed 9 lbs 11 oz.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 2:16 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I measure ahead by 2 or 3 weeks with my daughter from 20 weeks on. She came 5 days early and was 9lbs 1 oz. Maybe you're just cooking a bigger baby than you cooked before!
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 2:35 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• they either have ur due date wrong or u just have a bigger baby that last time neither is really a problem.
    kat324

Answer by kat324 at 4:31 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Yes. My doctor thought I was measuring small so they did an ultrasound and it turns out now they think she is going to be big. I've had 3 ultrasounds in the last few weeks and each one has come back with large measurements. As of my las u/s on saturday she was estimated to be at 9lbs 1oz. I'm not due until this coming Tuesday. If I don't have her by then naturally, they are doing another ultrasound to check my fluid levels. I know several people who have had the doctors tell them they were going to have a big baby, and the baby came out at only 7 or 8 lbs. They said they can be off either way by a pound. I'm trying not to worry too much.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• How were you measured, tape? Ultrasound?
    Was it the same person who usually does it?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:04 PM on Sep. 25, 2009