Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do children with Autism get other services "outside" the school?


Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • My son is lower functioning so he gets services through the state as well as in school therapy. As soon as I get his social security figured out I will be using that money to pay for speech therapy and social skills classes. They don't give much through the school and our insurance does not cover anything.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

  • Why do you ask?

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

  • OP are you genuinely curious? Do you need to know because your child is in the process of diagnosis, or are you asking so you can use it in your drama arsonal?

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

  • My son gets speech, occupational, and social skills therapy outside of school. Our insurance covers none of it. It's all out of pocket. The therapy he would get at school is just enough to get him through school, but doesn't help him much in the outside of school world.

    Answer by tracy0812 at 3:57 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN