50/50 shot my husband will lose his job... how do I prepare?

Our marriage is already tough now this might happen. How should I as a SAHM prepare? We've been setting extra money aside and I homeschool our son. Hubby doing nothing to prepare for worst.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• Find a job or find him a new job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• just set aside money, penny pinch and sell stuff you dont need...have him start looking for another job.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:31 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• You might want to prepare yourself for a very depressed hubby. Especially if he doesn't findwork as fast as he thinks he should. Even though we all KNOW the economy sucks, and even skilled jobs are hard to find, a lot of men really put a great deal of their self worth in their ability to be a good provider for their families, and it really screws with tehm if they think they are falling down on the job.

If your DH does some sort of specialized work and can't get a job in his field after a while you may need to either talk to him about finding ANY sort of job, or consider talking to him about YOU taking on some sort of job whle he continues his search. All this may be totally unnecessary, and for your sake, I hope so, but this is becoming more and more common. . . At least in our neck of the woods. Best of luck to you both.
    laurelsmama

Answer by laurelsmama at 2:35 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• There are a lot of small things you can do. Cut back on your electrical use, do not buy things unless you really need them, do all errands at one time to save gas. Tell your kid NO when they ask for things they do not need.

Answer by louise2 at 2:37 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Be prepared to become the breadwinner, first.

You can certainly do all the budgeting things.

Help him get his resume together and interview clothes...those should ALWAYS be ready to go. Get your own resume together too.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2009