Why did my husband put the basket of unfolded clothes in my chair and proceed to his chair to eat his Pringles?

He has been out of work for about 2 months now and refuses to work in fastfood or anything that pay min. wage pretty much. His excuse for not working FF is because he doesn't want to get Staph........WTF!!! He worked in a hospital before he got laid off for heaven sake!!! But he still expects me to do the house work. Hell he can't even sign a damn piece of paper for my daughters school...no he leaves it in the middle of the table for me to sign when I get home. He's luck I love him. Okay I'm throught venting.

luvmygrlz

Asked by luvmygrlz at 2:42 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• My guess is two things:
    1. He's depressed about being jobless and becoming more and more paralyzed, and
    2. You continue to pick up slack, allowing him to keep up his behavior.

Depression is not uncommon for people in your hub's position, but it's also not fair for him to expect there to be no changes around the house. . I am assuming that you DO work? Maybe the two of you need to sit down and have a talk about how to better redistribute home responsibilities while he is out of work. If you can get him moving even a little. . . People NEED structure in their lives, or they start to wind down, like clocks. If he's not able to be contributing financially right now, he could still contribute by way of home repair, upgrades, or basic chores and chlid tending. He may even find it rewarding. :)
    laurelsmama

Answer by laurelsmama at 2:57 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• i think its just men my hubby is the same way u would think he was allergic to house work
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 2:44 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I think him being home ALL THE TIME is starting to get to me. But I know there are some wifes out there who haven't seen their hubbys in months.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 2:46 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Why does he do it? Because he can get away with it. Because he didn't learn any better growing up.

My son lost his job and couldn't find another. His wife got a job and he takes care of their 12 month old baby. He does everything. All she has to do is work and breastfeed. He cooks, grocery shops, does the laundry, cleans the house, runs errands, pays the bills, everything. I was a single mom and taught him how to do everything and how to treat a woman. I help with the baby so he can get everything done.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:47 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• My hubby is the same exact way...he does the same thing, sits in his recliner watching TV and watching me fold up clothes or wash dishes he doesn't do much of anything.....but you let him want "something" and i sit in the recliner and tell him, Nope im too tired if you can't get up to help me with the chores im not hleping you with your "needs".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Glad he is not my DH. Because my foot would be up his ass.

Answer by louise2 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• No, this is just an excuse.. my husband does more housework than I do. MEN DO HELP OUT. Not all men sit around and do nothing. I think maybe you should take his pringles away from him and tell him that since YOUR the one working and paying for them, that he can fold the clothes THEN eat the pringles otherwhise your not buying them again.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• He may be depressed... I would have him go to the doctor and see if he can get some meds. If he is depressed (which a lot of people are these days) his mood will prevent him from trying to find a job and eventually you will probably get tired of him and give him the boot. My husband is very helpful but he started just being a negative pain in my butt.... nothing was good enough. We went and spoke with our family doctor and sure enough, a week or so on his meds and he feels so much better and is easier to be with. There are a lot of "triggers" for depression these days. All this coming from someone who is no fan of meds!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 3:00 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Why did he do that? Because you let him. He's not working, those clothes are now his responsibility, he needs to get cracking, stat. Grab him by the scruff and sit him down for a discussion about what his housework tasks will be, then you make him stick to it. You don't have to be mean about it, just firm.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 3:12 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• It's your job to fold laundry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2009