As God changes his mind...

does anyone find the beauty of fall a great time to have a spiritual talk with yourself?

I am looking out the window and I see the first leaves flying off the trees. Just a few of them, but they flutter in the wind so peacefully until they land gently on the ground. I remember looking at them as little buds springing to life a few months ago.

The crisp clean smell of the autumn air, the cool nights and warm days allowing for open windows. ..

No matter what your practice or beliefs are, do you use this time as a rejuvenation? A time to change or fine tune something in your life?

I see it as God is changing things; I should look at how I can change. If you don't have 4 seasons than it wouldn't apply to you. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• can i just say....um are you a writer? cuz i dont think i've ever thought of fall like that, until now. congrats, you definitely have a way with words....beautiful mom
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 2:48 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Yes I have.. I look at seasons that way.... I was just thinking the other day why would God have the leaves be such a beautiful bright red orange and yellow then turn brown ugly and dead!
    If we apply that to our spiritual life... very interesting! :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:18 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Yes I believe all of life can be metaphoric. This is the time of year when we look inside and give thanks for our harvests, and yet are aware that a time of death is coming, which is jst the prelude to rebirth. Blessed be!
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 3:25 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Brown leaves crunching under your feet--a time to play, work and share with the kids. The smell of the leaves returning to the earth God made, becoming part of the soil to nourish the new leaves that God will have bud in spring.

Raking leave, jumping in them, filling pumpkin trash bags...

Listen to little children giggle, last year they pick up a few leaves trying to eat them, this year they jump and play, next year they will try to rake, the year after will bring more changes...

our lives must replenish, we use our time this year to nourish our minds and souls to be better people next year...

our babies are no longer there but bigger beautiful kids are among us growing with us...

no I am not a writter :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• oo ok, glad you cleared that up :-p
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 3:29 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• For me I dream of space. The Earth spins around the Sun not in a circle but an ellipse. This time of year we are distancing ourselves from the sun, the days are getting shorter, and our top half of the planet is shutting down to hibernate for the coming winter.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:39 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• i don't have the 4 seasons and i don't see it as god changing things. he made the earth to work like clock work and to reign over itself in the seasons and weather. he designed it to work on it's on when he made earth.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:52 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• i agree with you, op. i think the same thing. i do that every time a season changes. we live on a ranch, and there are lots of baby deer, calves, and turkeys running around in the fall and in the spring. i love that, that He reminds us how He makes all things new.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 5:20 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• It's during Autumn that I feel the closest to mother Earth and our Sister Moon. I feel their energy in the wind, and smell the earth in the leaves. It's beautiful, for every sense we have.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:40 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Autumn has so much beauty and mystery that it stands out as the most awe inspiring of all the seasons. Of course I love them all but Autumn is special! There is a hint of mystery in the wind. Still warm but a hint of a cool, crispness developing underneath that lets you know that things are changing. The colors are intoxicating. The warm sun and the cool air is the perfect blend. Comfortable days and cozy nights! And the food. Don't even get me started on Thanksgiving!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:03 PM on Sep. 25, 2009