What do you think causes men to be attracted to children?

Do you think they were all abused? Do they have wires crossed in their brains?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Abuse, a chemical embalance in the brain, just plain messed up...
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 2:55 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I have no idea.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 2:57 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I think it likely can come from a number of different sources. Hormonal imbalance, desire to dominate, underdeveloped maturity, and previous abuse are probably large factors.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:00 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I think there's a difference between pedophila - attraction to pre-pubertal girls/boys and hebephiles - adults attracted to post-pubertal adolescents.

I think hebephiles it's more about power and control over another person - and that it happens with men and boys/girls and women with boys (there's been a few women teachers running off with their young students). Hebephiles are more comfortable with a parent/child sexual relationship than with an adult sexual relationship.

Pedifelia may have some roots in brain wiring and chemestry - human sexuality is very complex. It's probably a combination of a predisposed tendancy and then experiences and the environoment.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I dont know.... but it really grosses me out when a man asks a woman to completely shave her privates because it turns him on.... that just grosses me out. If it turns you on for a grown woman to look like a little girl there is something wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Anon- Just because someone doesn't like a nasty hairy snatch doesn't mean there is something wrong. I personally HATE hair... Just the thought of it makes my skin crawl. But I am far from attracted to kids... In fact I tend to be attracted to older women/men... But hair is a BIG turn off...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:52 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• As for OP - I think there are any number of things that make a man/woman be attracted to kids. Mental issues, previous abuse, control issues... The list goes on. Albert Fish once said that "to f*** a child was to steal innocence" he felt it was a way to take the one thing children had that he didn't. It was in many ways jealousy that drove him. So, I think it there are any number of reasons. And each is different. With some its a simple thirst for front page fame. What I see as worse than those that hurt kids are the family members that just don't ask. Most kids are hurt by their own family or family friends. In most cases you will see that the parents or other family noticed something was off and never acted or knew and hid it... In my mind, they are worse than the ones that do it in the first place.

• I have no idea.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:40 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Sabrina, you said nasty hairy snatch LMAO!

I honestly don't know what to tell you, OP. It's a great question, one that really needs to be discussed but a lot of people are too scared to discuss it. I don't think that every single last man that's a pedophile was abused as a kid. Really, what causes us to be attracted to whatever we're attracted to? Some people get off to women pumping their feet up and down on a gas pedal, no shit. Others get off to watching people pee. I'd even venture to say that everyone out there has at least one "weird" fetish, even if it's not entirely conscious or present or recognized. I guess pedophiles are unfortunate in their brain wiring.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:42 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• i think it stems from watching to much porn and it escalating to terrible acts. after you get desentized to the same old porn in men i think it esculates to incest porn snuff porn child porn or whatever. especially for me who can't find love or women, men to satisfy their desires or extreme need that the porm images instills in them. they can't handle the distinction of whatis sick when they are so lost in the perverted world and they watch it and get desentized by it and think it normal to quinch their desires. i mean the people in the porn as trying to quench their desires as well. i really think satan knows each and every one of weakness. so if a man or women were abused or were brought up with bad images of disrespect towards children, women or men. they hold unto it. thats why porn can be harmful. it's best to avoid it all together. what you bring into your mind makes you what you are. best to keep that brain pure, clean
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 25, 2009