Do you agree with this?

I have always thought that those people that are homophobic have a tinge of homosexuaity hidden way down deep inside and this is why they are this way. It hits home and they get enraged.

Asked by older at 2:58 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Relationships

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • That's a Freudian psychology phenomenon called .reaction-formation According to this, anxiety-producing or unacceptable emotions and impulses are mastered by exaggeration of the directly opposing tendency. Meaning overly homophobic men are actually masking their deep desire to be homosexual. I think maybe it can be true in some cases. Most people who disagree with the gay lifestyle just ignore it but those nutsos who are completely over-the-top psycho about it have to be hiding something.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 6:06 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Are you homophobic?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• LOL older, I get where you are going with this.

My take, who cares if it right, wrong, sin, wonderful, loving etc.. If you are not in the that relationship, you have no say. No one is forcing you to be gay. Live and let live is my motto.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:02 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Maybe who knows...

My sister is a lesbian and I have cousins that are gay as well..

I think and I can speak for myself...I think people may act homophobic because they just do
    not understand the whole concept.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:03 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I dont know. The only two people I know who are very homophobic are men who have gay brothers... at the time neither brother was out but it was VERY obvious. Then there are the people who I meet who are not really homophobic but feel it is moraly wrong.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:03 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Anon, I am far from it, I am a gay activist defending the lifestyle, and no, unfortunately I don't have the tinge!

Answer by older at 3:05 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Sahlady, I know men have a hard time accepting gay men, it threatens their masculinity, but I wonder........if those who get enraged over it have that tinge!

Answer by older at 3:07 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• No, I think they are just ignorant!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 3:07 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Midgnightmoma, I like your motto!

Answer by older at 3:08 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I agree! 100%!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Sep. 25, 2009