My two year old is on a horror streak.

First off my two and a half year old will not listen. I am seven months pregnant and he knows I cannot keep up with him. He has this thing where if you go towards him he will scream and run away. Yesterday he did this and ended up in the middle of the street, busy street, in a city. I couldnt catch up with him to stop him. He then ran away from me further and cars were screeching to stop and not hit him. How can I make him listen? He will not stay in time out. I dont like spanking but I feel I have no other choice. Especially when he could of been killed for NOT listening to me. I dont know what to do. Please help! Also we cannot get him to go to bed, or stay in his bed all night. When he wakes up at two in the morning he is up until his nap time. Any ideas on how to get him to sleep all night? We have kept him up all day and put him down late, it still has not worked.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No night light, shut his door in regards to bed time. If he gets up at 2 don't let him stay up put him back to bed. It's not a choice he gets to make it's a decision you've made for him. Also, when outside you may want to put one of those kid leashes on him. I can't remember what they are called but it's better than him being in harms way. You need to explain that he could have been killed. It's not playing when he runs away, it's not listening to you and you need to make sure he understands that. After you are sure he understands you need to punish him for not listening. Whether it is spanking, standing in corner, taking toys, timeout, sending him to his room, whatever works and when it doesn't work anymore, try something different. I often have to change my method of discipline.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 3:12 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• BUST THAT KIDS BUTT ! THAT WHAT HE NEEDS AND ITS NOT A BAD THANG TO SPANK HIM ! GIRL JUST WAIGHT TILL HES 14 MY SON STILL ONE AND I BUST HIS BUTT STILL . GIRL BUST THAT BUTT ! !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2009