has anyone wondered why...

Adam and Eve never had kids before they were kicked out of the garden? they were instructed to be fruitful and multiply, but they didn't until after they got kicked out. if they did, the Bible never mentioned kids, and wouldn't it have been an important matter? because then only Adam and Eve were kicked out, but the kids wouldn't have been....i just find it odd.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I never wondered that. Does the bible tell us how long they were in the garden before they ate the fruit?

I always wonder why we think it is an apple.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I always wonder why we think it is an apple.

From what I've read in art history, the apple was used in paintings largely due to its popularity and bright color.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:13 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Just a thought but in many cultures the apple is the symbol of woman, goddess, and women's fertility and sexuality. In short it represented the power of woman, both seen and unseen.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 3:27 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I heard recently it was really a pomegranite. Anyone? If so I could see them mistaking them a wee bit cuz they are both round and bright red LOL.

I was always taught there were no children because they were innocent in the Garden of Eden and didnt know anything about anything. Gods plan was for the fall to happen and them leave the Garden and start a family,etc.

Please dont ask me to remember more....my head is spinning from this flu LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

no, but it does tell us Adam lived up to 930yrs old, and he was 130 when he had Seth. after Seth he had lots of sons and daughters. so we know for sure he had Cain, Able and Seth during the 130yrs, they could have had more, but it doesn't mention any until after Seth. We are to assume, however, that he had more children during the 130, cuz Cain had a wife, so it was either a sister, neice, great neice, whatever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• no i never have until now but i know that they didn't see themselves as being naked and didn't have any temptation. them taking of the forbidden fruit is what opened there eyes. they were told that they would surely die if they partook of it and they thought that mean't literally when really that is not what god meant by that. he did command they be furitful and multiply but there eyes were not open to the truth of how that is possible since they hadn't taken the fruit. they were like children not knowing how or what made babies. when god commanded this, it was for when the fruit was taken as he knew it would happen. then they knew what it meant to multiply cause they saw themselves naked and there eyes were opened. when it was taken eve knew and told adam that god had commanded that they multiply and be partners for eternity so he took of the fruit to fulfil that one commandment since the other broken. there eyes being opened
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:42 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• melody77, none of that makes sense! God wanted them to multiply before they were kicked out, or else he wouldn't have said it until after. and we don't know what Eve said to Adam which made him decide to eat it. it also doesn't make sense because God intended for women to have no pain during labor or else that wouldn't have been the consequence.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• god never specvified that and the bible doesn't say so either. it was told to them is all we know. so why doesn't it make sense. it's like god having told then they would surely die iff they did partook of the fruit which we know meant that their innocent souls would die and they would know the truth of right and wrong. i think it makes perfect sense. if you don't get it doesn't mean it isn't true.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:05 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• eh, in unincorporated testiments, it also says that Adam had another wife made also from the clay and he basically rejected her because she wanted to be an equal and wouldn't have sex with him! So...take it with a grain of salt. I think if you get too caught up in specifics you lose the teaching aspect of the story.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 7:31 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• This is just speculation of course - but maybe they weren't in the garden very long before they met the snake and fell into temptation.
    HomeMakin94

Answer by HomeMakin94 at 1:07 AM on Sep. 26, 2009