does your husband make u feel like ur competing with him for the kids?

my husband and I havent been getting along at all latley,he quit his job so ive been holding the fort down payin all the bills buying school clothes diapers etc.we have a 4yr girl and a 2 yr boy. And he makes comments like oh everytime u come home u never do anything for the kids...im sorry but i acknowledge my kids all the time but sometimes i get home tired and he expects me to do jumpin jacks with them and use me a trampoline.which I dont mind but im a waitress im on my feet all the time , I would love to spend time with my kids but its so hard to find energy to run around and to play tag dont get me wrong i do but some days i jus wanna relax...hes gotten me to the point to where i feel im gonna get bitched at for sneezing wrong...I cant watch tv because its not something he likes if the kids make a mess he yells at me.if i fix the kids a dinner plate he bitches that i put to much food on their plate.urggggggghhhhhhhh

ShYmAmA08

Asked by ShYmAmA08 at 3:03 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• Mine did and I kicked him to the curb! I WILL not raise a full grown man along with my children! He can help or he can leave! Simple as that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• WOW.... I think many of the women on CafeMom should read your post!!!!!!!!

I can not tell you how sick I am getting of women treating their men like your hubby is treating you and then calling the men jerks. Yes... the sahp should be a bit more respectful of the parent who is working all day to support the family. Yes... he should be a bit nicer.... but so should the sahms who do this to their husbands.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I'd sit my dh down and tell him I am the mother, you are the father. I will not tell you how to be their father....you do not tell me how to be their mother!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 3:13 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• ive tried talking to him and said the exact same thing robin but it doesnt change anything he swears im the one thats messing up...i hate coming home because i get yelled at for everything u know i never once got mad at him for quiting his job i supported him i told him dont worry about it ill take care of things till u find a job (hes been out of work since feb)lol im just so stressed out i feel like im in a box now im a strong woman anybody will tell u that I dont put up with bs. but he can be a good guy when he wants im jus getting tired of putting up with his jerk moment which are coming more frequent.ive even noticed how unhappy ive looked in front of my kids.. I just i dont know ..people tell me its because hes not workin and hes a man and hes takin it out on me...but he quit why is that my problem?like all of our fights are about the kids.he gets mad if i try to watch a show and not put cartoons on for the kids.lol
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 3:19 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I think parenting is a fifty fifty job, personally I don't care who works and who doesn't cause at the end of the day you will both be exhausted BUT it sounds to me like he is pushing too much responsiblity onto you. When my SO gets home I expect him to acknowledge the kids and play with them but because he works I realize we play with them differently. I'm the one running around chasing them all day, taking them to parks and he's the one who sits quietly at night and reads them books.Have you tried splitting night time activites with him...like in our house I feed the kids, clean up their toys and bathe them. Since my SO works he does some easier stuff like reads them books, gives them their meds, brushes their teeth and puts them off to bed.
    ___
    Exactly this. We don't have split jobs per say, but I know that when he comes home, he's tired and isn't going to be running around with the kids.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• tell him those are ur kids to and u can do with them wat u dam well plez!
    and UR not doing anything wrong! It's not his place to bitch at u and it's not ur place to support his ass. Srry if that's harsh but it's the truth.
    kat324

Answer by kat324 at 3:53 PM on Sep. 25, 2009