Can a cell phone company shut you off

even though they tracked down your bill in another state? Mine did!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• Thank you to everyone that offered sensible solutions: i.e. choose a new carrier. To the idiot that doesn't realize that this IS an error on the part of the phone company - my bill WAS current and the new charges (yes - they bill in ADVANCE!) had not even printed yet!!! This is an error on the part of the phone company - NOT ME! I DO not live beyond my means, I DO pay my bill on time every month!! This months bill just printed yesterday and I will pay it on the first as I ALWAYS have and ALWAYS will. I am floored by the stupidity of the AssAnon who thinks that I am not current on my bill or that I live "beyond my means - thus contributing to the economy downfall". This is ludicrous! A word to anyone who thinks she might be legit: Make SURE you completely understand the issue before you open your mouth and make yourself look like a complete dumb@$$ to millions of people. STOP STALKING ME! SHOWS THE LOW LIFE YOU REALLY ARE!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Sep. 27, 2009

• If you dont pay your bill - yes.

It is unclear what you mean by "tracked down your bill in another state"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Did you pay all your bills?

Answer by louise2 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• All the bills I received - I paid. In full. But this most recent one somehow went to another state. They tracked it down on the USPS website and found it....in another state! I didn't know another one printed....I was expecting it to print tomorrow.

Either way - I got no bill, no notice, nothing! Now I have major medical problems with me and my kids, I am disabled, etc so I have no way of communicating to the school except through the internet, but how will that help if there is an emergency?

I can't email 911....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Have you contacted the cell company? Usually they will turn the service on right after payment.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:19 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I would say that if you paid the bill than no, but if you didnt pay it than yes. Did your bill just get lost in the mail?
    canthaveboys1

Answer by canthaveboys1 at 3:19 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Yeah, I called them. But as I am disabled, I can't make a payment til my check comes...on the 1st. They were all ready to turn me back on, but because the 1st person I talked to was rude to me: "It's not OUR responsibility to make sure YOU get your bill. You should have called earlier if you didn't get one" I explained to her that I thought it was going to print tomorrow, so I wasn't looking for one. She says "well, you were the irresponsible one - not us" so I asked to talk to a supervisor. She refused, so I demanded one. I get a supervisor who said "well, sometimes things like that happen" and put a hold on my account! Had she not done that, I would be back on with the promise to come in on the 1st, when I get my check to pay it!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Yes, the bill is lost somewhere in St. Paul, MN. I live in WI. They don't know why it went there, but they can tell it's there somewhere, but the fact is - I don't have it and I never got it and I didn't know it even existed until my phone was off this morning!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Ok not to sound harsh but I know my bill comes once a month and have this thing called a checkbook register, if something sparks my mind and I think "where is my phone bill? I haven't paid my bill this month" then I can look back at the register and see that I didnt pay it. Also I know that it runs about $150 every month so I set aside that amount. It's not their fault that you didn't get your bill but they don't really have to send you a bill anyways, you know when its due, the same time every month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Anon 2:30 -

Not to sound harsh, but can you read? I already stated that my bill prints tomorrow!?! I am glad you have a checkbook register and can look at it - I pay mine IN PERSON AT THE PHONE COMPANY!! There are more than one ways to pay bills, in case you didn't know....

My next bill wasn't supposed to print until tomorrow....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Sep. 25, 2009