am I really a bad mom?

part of me loves my husband for the man he can be and father he is..but im growing hate for him he always wants to get affectionate but theres nothing inside of me that even wants to be romantic with him..i dont want to break up but part of me feels like its gonna come to that late in our future he makes me feel like im the worst mother somethimes.complains about everything and makes it feel like who can do a better job at entertaining the kids..im the dicplinary one hes the sucks up let the kids get away with everything.our daughter wont even take no for an answer because of him.my daughter has grown fond of him more than me because she knows hes gonna tell her yes to everything so hell tell her go ask mommy and she'll say no and he;ll laugh and say yeah i wouldnt ask mean mommy either.ill talk to him about these things that hurt my feelings and he just laughs it off says hes playin then says how much more i should be doing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• No. But sounds like you married the wrong man.

Your job IS to be mean mommy. If you're not the meanest mommy in the world a dozen times daily7 you're doing it wrong.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:16 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I'd leave or threaten to leave if he doesn't show you respect. You cant' let your kids be raised that way. He is playing them against you and they won't have any respect because of him. He sounds like a jerk, but I don't know. I do know that you need to take care of your kids, they might get mad to start with but they'll get over it and when they are older they will understand. Just do what is best for you and your kids.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 3:16 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• GDIAMANTE is right. You are doing your job, don't stop doing what you do.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 3:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Of course it's hard to be romantic with someone who doesn't respect you and back you in the job you do as a mom. Seek counseling with him.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:21 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• he would jus make me look like the bad guy in counciling hes good for that ...he reminds him self of how of a good guy he is and any woman would take him...he can be a good guy when he wants but plays the jerk role more than the nice guy and i aint feeling it no more
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• u dont have to stay with him just bc u have kids especially if its not a good environment for them
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 3:46 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Oh hell no ur not! he sounds like an ass. Kids can't be raised that way. Try telling him that and explaining that wile he may com off as the " good daddy" now he's damaging u and ur daughter's relationship. If he doesn't stop tell him if he doesn't start respecting u as a parent u'll leave and take ur daughter with u then he can be the "good daddy" every other weekend!
    kat324

Answer by kat324 at 3:48 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Parents should work on a unified front so as not to confuse a child. He' s not doing her any favors by saying things like he says.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:14 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• This dicrepancy between you too is only affecting your kids, seek counseling.

Answer by older at 5:04 PM on Sep. 25, 2009