Am I the only woman in the entire world with huge fingers?

I inherited my dad's hands, which really sucks. They're not "manly", per se, but they're thick. Big palms, long fingers, but FAT fingers. It looks kinda feminine on my dad, but kinda weird on me. I had to search for weeks straight to find a ring in my size...size 11.

So depressing. *sigh* Anyone want to go into the plus size jewelry business with me?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 3:15 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• kinda curious to see them now...dont hate me :)
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:16 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I have what my hubby calls mini hands. Tiny fingers - I seriously could have been the hand double for that Burger King commercial.

But I work with a guy I call Big Hands Bob. Maybe he's related to your dad.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 3:19 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Do your feet look like "Fred Flinstones" as for your hands?

Just kidding...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• maybe you should try that.....like with plus size modeling, maybe it'll make you some money :-p i used to have a ring size 8....but mine went down after losing weight (NOT saying you should just sharing). but i always would joke about my "man hands" like from Seinfeld lol God made you who you are, maybe its a bonding thing for you and your dad :-) smile and be happy for who you are.

AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• My fingers are quite long and slender but my knuckles aren't lol. I have trouble getting rings off.
    jackdaw

Answer by jackdaw at 3:38 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Caitxrawks ~ I'm the SAME way sweetie! Well, my fingers aren't long, but they sure are thick and fat looking! I still have the dimples on the backs of my hands from when I was a little baby and chubby hands and fingers were thought to be "cute" at that age!
    My ring finger on my left hand is a size 10 1/2 and my ring finger on my right hand is a size 11. When they swell each month I can't even wear my wedding band.
    Tragically, my sweet granddaughter seems to have the cute, little chubby hands and fingers with the dimples just like I did. I'm hoping they will thin out as she grows, though.
    Know what I hate? Stores show rings in a standard size 7 and charge $10 extra on their resizing for anything over a size 10. Isn't that ridiculous?!
    I'm glad I'm not the only one.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:51 PM on Sep. 25, 2009