How would you handle your dh if he did this to you?

My dh and I just had a small disargeement and I hate the thought of my dh just walking away like.... Oh hear we go she is going to start crying again...give me a break or let me know when you are over whatever it is is bothering you :(

He makes me feel like shit and I try to talk to him but he is too stubborn to listen.

He is somewhat controlling but I don't let him push too far I will stand my ground if I feel he is over doing it atleast a good agruement.

I am tired of saying I am sorry when I know it is all me...I just wish he would be considerate to my feelings. I know men are made that way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• my ex was like this my man now is not but my ex had a great way of making everything seem like my fault even when it was all him and i would be the one to feel guilty i never understood how he did it but he was good. have to stand up for urself and not let him walk all over u.
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• You take control by being the one that walks away. Do it and see what happens. You'll be surprised.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 3:34 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Mine does that to me all the time. I haven't found a good way to fix it yet but i usually get pissed and point out what he's doing wrong and make him look like an ass so he gets off me about it! He usually gives up and just says "Fine Whatever" and argument over.
    kat324

Answer by kat324 at 3:42 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• My ex was like that. And that has A LOT to do with why he is my ex. I'm sorry he is inconsiderate of your feelings.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 4:01 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Mine used to do that a lot until one day I said, "You know what? Just forget it. I'm not doing this anymore." Then suddenly he wants to talk.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:28 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• This is the line that bothers me the most:

"He makes me feel like shit and I try to talk to him but he is too stubborn to listen"

If he isn't listening to you about something important to YOU, like how you feel, that signals big problems to me. Communication is SO important within a marriage.

Maybe write him a letter and ask him to read it.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:53 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• "You take control by being the one that walks away. Do it and see what happens. You'll be surprised."

Did this one to my hubby a few times and it really does work!

"Maybe write him a letter and ask him to read it. "

I also did this to my hubby after he deployed (I knew he'd read it in Iraq) and I outlined specifically what I felt were problems in our marriage and if he didn't straighten up, then I was done. His attitude changed DRASTICALLY and it's been over 2 years since I wrote that letter and we are happier than ever!

Whatever you decide to do, good luck and I hope it works out for the best for you guys!  :)

bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 6:58 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• So all men are created equal!!! I thought that I was the only woman in the world who was putting up wilth crap from my DH who BTW is a BF. Only difference is as he is walking away says it's all my fault and if I'm such a bad BF why do you stay with me... well jack a$$ I wont always be here and it's a little tough to throw away 2 years and I love him. not sure how much I love me anymore :(

2teenagers1516

Answer by 2teenagers1516 at 7:05 PM on Sep. 25, 2009