What do you do for fun when you have little or no money?

With or without the kids...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• with the kids---we put on CDs and dance in the living room
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:32 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Take the kids on a wagon ride or to the park. We have a free petting zoo too. For myself, i paint my toe nails or bake a cake.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:36 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Have friends over for movies and dessert. Though the movies are usually Boondock Saints and Heartbreak Ridge LOL
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 3:37 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• A hike. Pic nic. Star gazing. pizza party (make individual pizzas on tortillas 10 min at 400 and eat on a blanket on the floor).
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 3:38 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Have a stay-at-home party. I'll make lots of snacks and then we'll play board games, two player video games, hide and seek, things like that. Another thing that's fun we do is get the biggest piece of paper we can find, some crayons, markers, pencils and whatever else we have, put the paper in the middle of a table that's big enough for all of us to sit at but small enough that everyone can reach it and we each take turns telling part of a story and then drawing it. So the first person says, 'once there was a puppy' and then draw a picture of a puppy, next person says 'and it was walking in a garden' and they draw a garden and so on....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• My son and I "camp out". We bring our sleeping bags into the living room (after making room on the floor) put on a good movie, eat popcorn and snacks while we watch the movie.
    ithi

Answer by ithi at 3:44 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• You can rent movies from your local library. I like the camp out in the living room idea.. I dislike the mall, but the people watching for me is fun, and since my daughter is only 17 months old, she likes to watch people too..
    :)
    gemskye

Answer by gemskye at 4:27 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Maybe there's a park near you that has ducks and geese. We take our daughter and feed the ducks popcorn and pretzels. Lots of fun =)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:02 PM on Sep. 25, 2009