how to tell how far along you are???

According to websites, and my calender, I would have been 8 weeks on Wed sept 23, but when I went to the ER because I was spotting they told me I was only 5. My pregnancy center also told me I was 8 weeks. I am really confused.

My last period was July 29, 2009.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• did the er do an ultrasound? sometimes the u/s and calendar can show different dates. a lot of times you dont know its diff until the 20th weeks u/s when they check size of the baby. and usually women will have a change of due date at that point if the dates were just not adding up. but theres always a chance they're wrong too, not everybody is perfect.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 3:40 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Did the ER do an u/s that showed you at 5 weeks? Not to scare you but maybe you had a missed miscarriage and the baby passed away at 5 weeks
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:13 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• if my baby passed away at 5 weeks, does it normally take 3 weeks to bleed or have signs of a miscarriage? Yes the ER gave me a U/S
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• If they gave u an u/s and it said 5 wks than that is probably right. The earlier the ultrasound the more accurate it is. I had an u/s at 9wks and they said I was due 2/24 (my original edd was 2/18) I just had my 18wks u/s and I am measuring at 2/20 but they wont change the date because of the earlier u/s. I hope everything is ok for you and find a good doctor, or in my opinion a midwife :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 9:16 PM on Sep. 25, 2009