Swap with him?

would you, for a week? do his duties, be a guy, work his job?

ArlieBeeMee

Asked by ArlieBeeMee at 3:49 PM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• Heck no..... he works in the oilfield and carries around these huge pieces of iron that weigh 100lb each. And the hours - he has to leave anywhere from midnight to 4AM - and works anywhere from 20 hours up to 36 hours at a time.... I'd die inside of the first 48 hours.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 4:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Yes. just so he could see that being a stay at home mom IS NOT a walk in the park.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I could do his job and would like to BUT I wouldn't swap because nothing would get done at home if we did that LOL
    chrissifaye

Answer by chrissifaye at 3:59 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I couldn't do my husband's job.......and I know it.....but luckily for me, he thinks my job as a sahm is harder than his, so I don't have to swap! Plus, he likes being taken care of, doesn't want to cook or do housework...at least no regularly, so I'll let him go off to work, and do my job at home.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:07 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I don't know if I could stand some of the coworkers. It's not even the work itself. And he already knows he doesn't want my job. lol
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:25 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Right now, I could do his job. So yes I would. In fact, I help him with his job as much as I can. I talk about the Army to people, I promote it everywhere I go. I hand out business cards to people when they seem interested. So his job is really a family effort right now.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:58 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• heck no he already does his job plus mine since i'm almost due and find bending over makes me faint/ shortness of breath, blood rush etc so find i can't do most chores around here like i used too. they say it get harder as you get older to be pregnant. man they weren't lying.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• For me, the question should be would my DH want to do MY job!! I'm a hotel housekeeper, and believe me, it's not as easy as you think!!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 7:33 PM on Sep. 25, 2009